ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-tld-agreement]

Full Support

  • To: xxx-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Full Support
  • From: Andrew Straw <andrewudstraw@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 18:44:20 -0700 (PDT)

I completely support the .xxx TLD, for a number of
reasons.

1. it is an easily identifiable marker that lets a
person know that this is going to be an adult site.

2. it makes it easier for anti-spam and anti-porn
software to operate.

3. it will level the playing field for those wishing
to set up a new site.  All of the good .coms long ago
were snapped up by people with a lot of money, and
this is an opportunity for others to have their chance
to register a prime name.

4. as a matter of wealth creation, I think more TLDs
are better as a general rule.  More choices, more
opportunities for competition.

All around, .xxx is going to be a good deal.

Andrew Straw, J.D.
Dunedin, NZ