ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-tld-agreement]

XXX TLD - Comments

  • To: xxx-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: XXX TLD - Comments
  • From: "Domain Seller" <domainguys@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 07:16:38 -0500

To whom it may concern,

I see the issue with .xxx is once again on the table and open for comments.
I have also repeatedly seen the assertion by those who stand to get rich
from this new extension that they have the support of the webmaster
community.  This is blatently false and as a webmaster I take offense to a
greed driven company speaking on behalf of me and others who are in the same
business as myself.  I can't think of one person that I do business
with that would ever want to see the internet handicapped by the efforts of
the ICM registry.  I would rather cease operations completely than to do
business with the ICM registry or anyone trying to get rich by such a
scheme.

Furthermore, none of the reasons given as justification for this extension
are based on facts.  This is a purely profit driven proposal and it should
be rejected as such.

Sincerely,

A concerned webmaster.