ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-tld-agreement]

Please reject the .xxx domain name extension proposal

  • To: xxx-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Please reject the .xxx domain name extension proposal
  • From: "Thomas Bengen" <thomasbengen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:45:38 +0200

Dear Sirs,

I have contacted many of you in past few months with my comments regarding
the proposed .xxx domain.
Several agruments can be brought up against this idea, with the "public
policy" argument beeing the most crucial one.

There's also no evidence that .xxx will do anything good, other than making
the ICM REGISTRY owners rich.
Filtering adult websites can be done at the current level already, there's
no need to establish an .xxx domain, which wouldn't be mandatory anyway.

And as someone said before me ( I have read the other comments posted here
), in general, the less domain extensions, the better.

The web is in its mature stage already, no need in adding more useless,
surfer confusing extensions.

Please reject the .xxx proposal.

I realize the ICM REGISTRY spent huge amounts of time and money to lobby for
it, but ICANN should NOT look at that when making a huge decision about the
future of the internet.

Kind Regards,

Dr Thomas Bengen