ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-tld-agreement]

.XXX is a bad idea

  • To: xxx-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: .XXX is a bad idea
  • From: Domenic Merenda <dom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 03:34:14 -0400

I'm against creating an Internet ghetto, and I also think this opens adult webmasters in the U.S. to overzealous prosecution. If laws were enacted forcing adult webmasters onto .XXX, the huge investments in their .COM properties would be lost -- SEO, design, links gathered over YEARS -- causing large financial damage.

Who is .XXX serving, besides the greedy people at ICM Registry?

I'm very much against this one.