ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-tld-agreement]

Re: .XXX Not in this lifetime please...

  • To: xxx-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: .XXX Not in this lifetime please...
  • From: smashbucks@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 20:35:41 -0700

I have read and looked at all the facts regarding this new entry to the
domain world, its a bad idea. I have been in the adult industry online since
2001.

First let me say i am a father of a nine year old little girl who has her
own computer, i watch what she does on the computer and i have installed
guide lines and rules for use of her computer.

All this work and all this money to create a "zone" for the adult world,
kind of makes me scratch my head. Why not spend the same amount of money and
effort in setting up a super domain for Kids to go to, if the .XXX group is
so concerned with our children, they have made it such an issue to protect
children from porno on the internet, i say to that No thanks, dont need your
help.

Lets get very serious and honest about what this is, its about Money that is
it, and now super control of an industry by a group of people that have no
experience in the online adult world. What is even more amazing is none of
the principles in this group of the .XXX have children. It is crazy to me
that someone who does not understand or know the adult industry can just
show up with an idea, some money, do some "hustlin" and not care that it
will create owners of .com domains and business online tremendous hardship
and money.

Like most we have worked hard and spent money and time creating and branding
a "brand" in the.com world,  to now have to pick up and move to another
unknown area and start all over again, why? Cause some group wants to create
something we dont need, just for there profit. This .XXX is a very bad idea,
it will effect ever online adult business that has worked so hard and spent
so much money to create its online internet real estate world wide.

I dont know one single group in the online adult business that is for this
.XXX idea, the only ones that are i have heard that deals were struck behind
closed doors for financial gains, so it would make sense that a few
companies that signed on have much to gain, with traffic or money for there
votes and support.

ICANN please make it 2 thumbs down for the .XXX ...you shot it down the
first time, do it again.

Lets really do something good fro the kids, and spend the time and money to
do it right.

--
Mike Hawk