ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-tld-agreement]

I am against the .xxx proposal

  • To: xxx-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: I am against the .xxx proposal
  • From: Lady Chatterly <ladychatterly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 22:43:52 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Dear Sirs and Madames,

I wanted to take a moment and express my displeasure at the proposed creation
of a .xxx Top level domain. Others here have listed many valid reason for its
rejection, not the least that it will accomplish nothing it claims it will.

I will just say myself that it won't just be x rated sites affected, but most
adult erotica sites like mine. (Yes, I too am an adult webmistresss). My site
does not have the racier photos so common on most porn sites, yet the stories
there are of an adult nature. With several proposals before various governments
to force sites of more adult nature to reregister as .xxx sites I object to
being lumped with hard core pornography. If people would restrict their
children from seeing material of an adult nature, they should take
responcibility for their childrens' Internet viewing themselves. Not expect
others to do it for them.

Please reject the .xxx proposal of ICM Registry.

Cynthia C