ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-tld-agreement]

.XXX is wrong

  • To: xxx-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: .XXX is wrong
  • From: jack meoff <oppose_xxx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 09:43:28 -0700 (PDT)

.XXX is wrong.  It would be far more easier for parents to set their computers
to only allow specific tld, like .kids , than it would be to block .xxx.

     This is the internet we're talking about.  What's going to stop non
compliant companies from continuing their use of  .com, .org .net, .eu etc,
etc...  Who's going to enforce it?   Is Icann going to run an international
policing of the world wide web?

  get your heads out of the sand.  Your organization is just being damn greedy
& that's the truth.

  As a parent of 5, I know this is wrong  It's going to be far easier for kids
to access porn if they know they can type in domains with the .xxx tld.

  I strongly urge you to implement the .kids tld, this way parents can set
their computers to only allow .kids, rather than try to block out porn by .xxx
, because theirs alot more than just porn on the internet that is wrong for
kids.

  Does Icann plan on immplementing a .drugs tld to stop kids from seeing
websites about drug use?  what about a .vio domain for sites with extreme
violence?  what's next, censorship & denial of freedom of speech?