ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-tld-agreement]

Opposed to .XXX

  • To: xxx-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Opposed to .XXX
  • From: Billy Grady <bgrady@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 20:52:44 -0500

We as a company in whole are completely against .XXX as a means of censorship. We are afforded the right of free speech as Americans and should not have to "jump through hoops" to retain that freedom.

This matter is as silly as saying all rated (R) movies should only be shown in Las Vegas.
We as an industry do not need a "babysitter" and it should not be our responsibility to raise everyones children for them. The problem doesn't lie within the adult industry, rather it should rest solely on the parents shoulders to ensure their children are doing the right thing. Requiring adult sites to make use of the .XXX tld will only ensure that the children you wish to protect know exactly where to go to find the things you want to protect them from. The only way this will ever work is by I.S.P.'s and other service providers blocking the .XXX tld altogether, which would be a complete infringement upon our rights to free speech.

Wouldn't this time, effort and money be better spent on issues like Cancer or AIDs?

Billy Grady
Adult Webmaster Labor
--EDF Media--