ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-tld-agreement]

Only IDIOTS like .XXX

  • To: xxx-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Only IDIOTS like .XXX
  • From: Nunya Bizness <nunyabizness_69@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 21:00:17 -0700 (PDT)

Those that say this will protect kids are stupid.

  1) Don't you think kids don't know how to type .XXX? And don't give me crap
about how kids "accidently" get access to porn. Between the filters parents can
get for free or buy ( if they really care about their children $25 or less
isn't that much of an investment ) and that Google and that web browsers
provide not to mention filters that most ISPs provide, if kids are truely
"accidently" getting porn it's the parents fault for being too lazy to properly
set of thier computers for thier kids. My son has had access to the internet
for 6 years now and has NEVER even once accidnetly encounted any porn. Funny
how that is. He must just be lucky to have avoided all the evil smut pedlers
out their to sell him porn all this time.

  And for those kids that are getting porn on purpose, guess what, .XXX just
makes it EASIER. Even a 7 year old would know you just type in .XXX to get to
all the porn sites. Real fricken smart.

  2) If this passes it's just a matter of time that the Jesus freaks either
gets laws passed or put pressure on ISPs to filter out .XXX sites. Which means
adults are being denied their LEGAL right to access adult material.

  Also do you HONESTLY think that non-American porn sites are going to comply
with .XXX? Of course not. This is why the idiot that said "This would be just
like R rating for movies" argument falls apart. If one movie theater has
ratings and the other doesn't is this fair? Does this prevent kids from seeing
an R rated movie? Of course not. The kids would go to the theater that doesn't
use ratings. Same thing. Trust me thehun.net will still be available to access
even if .XXX passes.

  Also I'm sure many American companies will move offshore or to Canada or
wherever so they won't have to comply with .XXX. So what is this solving?
NOTHING. See the internet can not be compared to "real life".

  3) I also find it funny that some suggest a .kids domain would be to
cumbersome and expensive to employ, but somehow this doesn't apply to adult
sites where .XXX is concerned. Gee I didn't know that Disney, Cartoon Network
and Nickelodeon were so broke they couldn't afford $15 for a .kids domain.

  4) Those that are for .XXX because you think you are going to get on the
domain gravy train that you missed out on ealier, you are fooling yourselves.
All the good .XXX names will be gone long before they are available to the
public. And if you could they aren't going to be cheap, $60 per domain. Not
only are you NOT getting any good .XXX domains, you are shooting yourself in
the foot since you will lose most of you income when Americans can only access
.XXX when they have to ask their ISPs to unblock .XXX( for a small fee of
course ).

  How many Americans are going to call up their ISPs and ask to have their porn
block removed even if it's free? Most American guys are too shy to buy comdoms
or buy tampons for thier girlfriends or wives, but they are going to ask the
nice lady at the ISP to unblock their porn?