ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-tld-agreement]

Strongly Opposed to .XXX

  • To: xxx-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Strongly Opposed to .XXX
  • From: "F.W.McElroy" <mediaboss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 14:23:50 -0500

Sir or Madam,

As a web designer working across a number of media and platforms, I urge the ICANN to reject any consideration of implementation of an ".XXX" top level domain.

Such a domain designation is easily manipulated and abused.

It is potentially restrictive of legitimate speech and legal activity.

It appears to serve no genuine purpose beyond lining private pockets.

It in no way serves the community at large as a viable mechanism for informed choice.

Again, I urge rejection of this top level domain designation.

Respectfully,

F.W.McElroy
Web Designern

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.1.371 / Virus Database: 268.5.5/334 - Release Date: 5/8/2006