ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-tld-agreement]

MojoHost and 10,000+ Adult Sites Say "NO!" to .XXX Proposal

  • To: <xxx-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: MojoHost and 10,000+ Adult Sites Say "NO!" to .XXX Proposal
  • From: "Brad Mitchell" <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 17:47:43 -0400

To Whom it May Concern,

On behalf of MojoHost and the over 10,000 adult web sites that our clients
entrust to our care we would like to voice our objection to the proposed
.XXX top level domain.  This proposed top level domain does not serve the
interests of the public, our clientele, the European Union, Australian
Government or even United States based religious interest groups.  We
believe that this proposal represents profiteering in it's purest form and
that it does so at a significant cost to the liberties and livelihoods of
tens thousands of honest business people.  Beyond all of that, as a parent
and a technically skilled professional I truly believe that a new top level
domain will do NOTHING to protect children.

Regardless of how the mainstream press may portray the adult internet, the
reality is that our industry does more to regulate and police itself than
any other sector online.  We believe that the creation of a new .XXX top
level domain is unnecessary, unjust and unenforceable and sincerely hope
that ICANN takes the matter seriously enough to evaluate all of these
concerns and come to the same conclusion that the adult industry has - that
.XXX is a horrible idea.  There are already systems in place such as ICRA
that the largest adult sites with the most traffic have already implemented,
the rest is up to responsible parenting.

With seven years of business ownership and professional involvement with the
online adult internet I can sincerely say that the entire community shares
the same desire, stopping .XXX

Sincerely,

Brad Mitchell
President