ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-tld-agreement]

When .XXX is rejected, ICM Registry should push for .KIDS

  • To: <xxx-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: When .XXX is rejected, ICM Registry should push for .KIDS
  • From: "Joe Fredricks" <joe.fredricks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 20:01:32 -0400

Brandon..

I fully support your comments that ICM should abandon the pursuit of .xxx due
to overwhelming opposition by the adult community and moreover turn their
ambitions to the .kids TLD instead.

However, I do not believe they will do that, at least not with the same gusto
they are using to try and install the .xxx TLD simply because kids are not
known for throwing around dollars while searching the internet. Simply and
crudely put, there's no money in it.

A .kids TLD would be more of a public service whereas the .xxx TLD has real
profit potential. That alone should show you where ICM's mind really is. The
almighty dollar.

Joe Fredricks
Private Marketer