ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-tld-agreement]

VERY WELL SAID, YES to .XXX...See why

  • To: xxx-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: VERY WELL SAID, YES to .XXX...See why
  • From: "Rathod surya" <suryarathod@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 13:53:42 -0600

In the previous post, Rick Stevens very well said about the below posts.

I have read some random posts from the below emails and it occurred to me
that

1. Most of the emails are opposed to .XXX because it is a bad idea and these
people who are opposing are
   already in the porn business. So if ICANN implement this new TLD .XXX,
it might hurt their existing business
   and it is hard for them to catch the same name in .XXX are and this will
cost in terms of money for them.

   YEAH, Totally understand your concern.

   BUT YOU GUYS are doing a bad thing having illegal content all over (May
be this is not illegal yet but i hope it will
   soon) and my kid is going to Internet to get some STUDY MATERIALS and
search for a good words and you end
   up going to a porn site.

   Then he goes to school and tells every body about the porn what he saw
yeasterday. Problem has already starts.

   My feeling is that, with .XXX we can create a separate area where we can
block or monitor our kids and
   what they are doing very easily. I really don't know how much easy we
can do with any thing else other than .XXX.

   WE NEED TO CLEAN THIS MESS AND CREATE A RED LIGHT AREA. IF WE DON'T DO
NOW, IT WILL
   BE TOO LATE. IT IS LIKE ANY OTHER LEGAL LAW LIKE HAVING A RED LIGHT ON
THE CROSS ROADS.
   Yeah, it is hard to cross the road to do my business quickly but DAA, it
is for every body benefit but not to make
   money.

2.  Some posts says ".KIDS is good instead of .XXX"

    It does not serve any purpose at all...Think about how much good
information is out there in the Internet. My kid can go
   and search for a their school tutorial info and my wife can go to
Internet and find some cooking classes information
   and health information.

   With the current scenario, you never know when you are going to see nude
site in a good hidden URL.
   So we need to let our kids go to Internet but not to the porn/bad sites.
So let us create a separate area and
   block them or tell the kids don't go there. If you tell them to not to
go there, they will go. So only way is block the
   sites.

3. Some posts says, it is parent responsibility to stop kids...common guys,
we are trying to fix a problem and found
   a very good legal solution for this porn net problem.

4. Some posts mentioned that Registry provider and board member making
money.

   If not ICM company (who ever they are), some body else will propose for
this kind of proposal. So who ever comes first
   and propose a good solution they should get it. It is not the money here
we are talking, we are talking about safety for
   our kids in the future...I mean it.

Most of the posts here are from porn site business guys and they are opposed
it. But normal mom and pop are not
opposed to this, so they are not going to send their good posts because they
are all think this will be implemented.
So we should be thinking about good things but not bad things and the people
who creates porn on the Internet (all over).

WE MIGHT NEED INTERNET AND PORN TOGETHER. BUT MY KIDS NEED ONLY INTERNET AND
I WANT TO
RAISE THEM IN A GOOD WORLD.

I WOULD 100% TRUSTS THAT .XXX will serve the purpose because we can block
every thing that ends with .XXX at my
home and at my library which are freely available for our kids.

FYI, I am not opposed to any of the posts here, or not opposed to who ever
making money thru porn sites...But every body
has to think which is good for us and propose a solution.

Rathod.