ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[zfa-concept-15feb10]

Zone File Access Concept Paper

  • To: <zfa-concept-15feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Zone File Access Concept Paper
  • From: "Ken Greenwood" <kgreenwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 08:54:38 -0400

I currently download 8 zone files on a daily basis.

I agree with most of what Mike Secord stated - my main issue is with
consistency across the zone files.   And regarding charging the consumer
for access to do zone files - if the "tiered" approach is taken, I'd
like to understand more clearly what the differences in the data would
be for each tiered cost and what those costs would be.   I believe that
the files should remain free in their current structure - anything more
elaborate may justify a nominal fee.   The third option listed of
concept of paying by the download sounds absurd to me.

Ken Greenwood

Regards,
Ken Greenwood

Retail Process Engineering, LLC
10150 Highland Manor Dr.
Suite 330
Tampa, FL 33610
Office: 813-490-7000 x7380
Mobile: 813-597-6742
Fax: 813-490-7000
eFax: 813-354-4513

IMPORTANT NOTICE:The information in this communication may be confidential, is
intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named, and may be legally
privileged. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please re-send this communication to the
sender and delete the original message and any copy of it from your computer
system(s). Information in this message is without warranty or representation
whatsoever whether expressed or implied and we will not be held liable for any
inaccuracies or any losses, whether direct or indirect arising from information
herein provided.

image/