ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] Meeting ISOC-ECC.

  • To: Thomas Roessler <roessler-mobile@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] Meeting ISOC-ECC.
  • From: Esther Dyson <edyson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 08:10:28 -0500

I think that in order to get things started, the "practical advocacy" approach will be more effective - but one thing it should advocate for is getting more individuals involved as individuals, and ultimately in interest groups/parties that cross geographies. Meanwhile, there should be some way for individual members to work alongside organizations. (if only in an "individuals' organization")..and we should understand that these are practical approaches rather than enduring structures that should persist forever.

Esther