ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] WHOIS impact review: Some proposed changes.

  • To: Thomas Roessler <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] WHOIS impact review: Some proposed changes.
  • From: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 08:59:16 +0100

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 22:34:02 +0100, you wrote:

>I'd very much hope that any ALAC members who have a concern along
>these lines can speak up for themselves...

Could other committee members please speak up on this? I am sorry we cannot
have more time for discussion now, but we need to close this in the next few
hours. Please don't be shy :-)

I think that some of the objections Denise made are reasonable, and we
should state that we did not have time to organize a public discussion of
this matter with our constituency, so these comments are based mainly on the
knowledge of the problem that the ALAC members have at this time, and that
we certainly will try to submit further comments and refine our views in the
future.

Nevertheless, I think we should definitely submit something now and not miss
the deadline, and we should at least restate the principles on which there
seems to be general agreement in all at-large related lists and forums.

>If you have the concern that something in my proposed document would
>undermine the respect and credibility we are trying to get, or would
>be detrimental to building a working relationship, please be
>explicit about it, so we can fix it.

That's another of my worries. The last thing I want now is to have ourselves
marginalized after just a couple of weeks. But honestly I lack knowledge of
the task force climate to understand this.
--
vb.               [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<------
--------> http://bertola.eu.org/ - Archivio FAQ e molto altro... <--------