ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] ccNSO

  • To: alac@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [alac] ccNSO
  • From: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:08:33 +0100

I encourage you all to read the ccNSO-AG report at
http://www.icann.org/committees/evol-reform/ccnsoag-report-26feb03.htm

Some considerations:

- About the PDP, while the ALAC may request the ccNSO to examine an
issue in view of the possible creation of a task force, there is no
explicit possibility for us to appoint liaisons to task forces; the
ccNSO Council will appoint task forces made by 10 ccTLD reps (2 x
Region) + up to three "advisors". Of course we might hope that one of
such advisors comes from us, but there's no warranty on this.

- I couldn't find any provision that allows the public (including us)
to comment the work of the task force during its work; the task force
may ask external advisors to submit "opinions", but it seems to be
just an option. There is a public comment period (which includes us)
after the task force releases its report, but it's just a period in
which anyone may send comments which, at the discretion of the PDP
manager, may or may not be attached to the task force report prior to
its discussion by the ccNSO council. (I'm not sure whether this is the
same process that is going to be used in the GNSO.)

- The ccNSO council has an ALAC liaison with observer status. I'm not
sure whether "observer" means that you don't vote but are allowed to
participate in discussions, or whether you are required to stay
silent.

Opinions?
--
vb.                  [Vittorio Bertola - vb [at] bertola.eu.org]<---