ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

RE: [alac] (fwd) Outreach Program

  • To: alac@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [alac] (fwd) Outreach Program
  • From: Denise Michel <denisemichel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 12:53:05 -0800

I'm not sure what type of "evaluation" Danny is looking for?  As the
proposal states, "it is fundamentally in the interests of developing nations
(and, indeed, of average Internet users) to have their voice heard in the
governance processes of the DNS."  If ICANN is successful in getting
additional resources to support this objective, which is consistent with the
ALAC's/At-Large's objective, it will help support the ALAC's work, and the
ALAC should factor it into its plans and activities.  Now that the ALAC is
operational, I'm sure ICANN staff will keep the ALAC apprised of action on
this proposal and coordinate future relevant outreach activities with the
Committee.

Denise