ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

RE: [alac] Comments on the draft request for new TLDs

  • To: wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx, alac@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [alac] Comments on the draft request for new TLDs
  • From: R.Gaetano@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 16:56:19 +0200

Wendy Seltzer wrote:

> In general, I agree.  However, the Lynn proposal in Rio and
> before was to
> add a "limited number" of sponsored TLDs to the "testbed"
> period, before
> opening for general expansion at some later time.  These are
> theoretically
> just additions to the testbed.  I think that rather than
> challenging the
> limitation to sponsored in this case, we should urge ICANN to
> move quickly
> beyond "testing" to addition of a full range of new gTLDs.

But that's exactly the point.
We should be already at the stage in which the "testing" is finished and we
move to a new phase.

Regards
RG

This email message is intended only for the use of the named recipient.
Information contained in this email message and its attachments may be
privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the
intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this
communication to others. Also please notify the sender by replying to this
message and then delete it from your system.