ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] Redirection of non-existing domain names, again

  • To: alac@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [alac] Redirection of non-existing domain names, again
  • From: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 11:38:47 +0200

We had a thread on this in June, when .biz tested it.

Now it seems it could happen soon in .com and .net.

I think we should release a statement immediately (we already had a
draft, with good consensus on it) and bring the matter to the
attention of the Board so to ensure that it never happens.

Opinions?
--
vb.                  [Vittorio Bertola - vb [at] bertola.eu.org]<---