ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

RE: [alac] Proposed process for At Large Structure applications

  • To: alac@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [alac] Proposed process for At Large Structure applications
  • From: Izumi AIZU <izumi@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2003 09:58:52 +0900

I will follow the format Tommy made:

At 08:15 03/10/03 +0900, Matsumoto, Tommy wrote:

Questions:
- is 2 weeks a reasonable time for the review?

Izumi: I think that is reasonable.

- should the reviewer be an ICANN staff person, or should he/she be a
Committee member (perhaps from the same Region as the applicant) chosen
by rotation? Or perhaps a group composed by staff + members from the Region?

Tommy ; I recommend Staff + Member from the region

Izumi: Yes, Staff + three ALAC members from that region.

- should there be a recommendation with the report, or just a report?

Tommy ; A recommendation with the report

Izumi: Yes, a recommendation with the report.

- should the report and/or recommendation of the reviewer be
confidential to Committee members, or public?

Tommy ; I think it will be confidential to Committee

Izumi: I think it should be open to public in principle with exception when the ALAC finds certain good reasons not to make it open.

- is 3 days a reasonable time for voting? (also, to approve do we need
2/3 of those who vote, or 2/3 of all members?)

Tommy   ;       5 days will be reasonable and 2/3 of those who vote with
over 2/3 member's vote

Izumi: 5 working days and 2/3 votes over 2/3 members.

- should individual votes be public or private?

Tommy ; Private

Izumi: private

Thanks Vittorio and Tommy,

izumi