ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] "Post-accreditation strategy"

  • To: Thomas Roessler <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] "Post-accreditation strategy"
  • From: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 14:59:50 +0100

Thomas Roessler ha scritto:
In my view, the basic point is to get these groups into the loop on
the ALAC activities as soon as possible -- both with respect to
regional outreach, and with respect to policy statements we develop.

My quick proposal, as a first measure, would be to create a mailing list for each region, put one (or a few) person from each ALS on it, plus our regional members, and try to propagate there our discussion on the hot issues. (For example, these mailing lists should receive a copy of the alac@xxxxxxxxx list.) Also, these lists should start the discussion on regional organization, and could use the regional members to send back common opinions to the ALAC.

Also, we need to prepare a "welcome letter" (Denise, could you please draft one in the next days?) and try to maintain on our website an updated easy-to-read list of the accredited structures.
--
.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo vb.
Vittorio Bertola - vb [a] bertola.eu.org