ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

[alac] Re: "Post-accreditation strategy"

  • To: alac@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [alac] Re: "Post-accreditation strategy"
  • From: " Prof. Clement Dzidonu" <dzidonu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 07:19:59 +0000

List as a starting point fine!!...but need to bear in mind that
discusssion lists have the habit of dying a sudden death or degerating into
something else...if not well planned or roadmapped.

We will need have a clear "agenda" for the list...the "what to do" part need to be addressed (not neccessary in details)... Also in the case of Africa..there is that added problem of having five different language zones...each of which will eventually require its own lists....and across- language-list discussion will be impossible..

Clement

Ken Hamma writes:

Or perhaps let things be split up when the ALS of a region create a RALO. Managing a region's view of comments or a region-specific discuss and email list could be the responsibility of the RALO and supported by ALAC .. and an incentive for the ALSs in a region to take the step of creating a RALO

ken

Thomas Roessler <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 11/04/03 06:04AM >>>