[alac] GNSO Council Call
- To: alac@xxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [alac] GNSO Council Call
- From: Thomas Roessler <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 16:08:33 +0200
* new gTLD process/strategy: Council will set up a small sub-group
that puts together input on GNSO's view on the procedural side of
the strategy. This input will be concerned with things such as
GNSO's time lines for providing meaningful input to ICANN.
* WHOIS. Brief status report on TF 1&2 (Cade); moving forward on
"conspicuous notice", moving forward more slowly on conflicts
between RAA and applicable law, having the next call on tiered
access in two weeks.
Tonkin recommends that for Cape Town Task Force have at least one
recommendation ready for public forum. On tiered access, Task
Force meeting in Cape Town, not public forum.
TF3: Draft recommendations exist, excellent analysis from
registrars constituency. Currently, two-party negotiations
between IPC, registrars. This is not a consensus process. More
participation from constituencies other needed.
There is a factual analysis by Ross Rader of various positions.
* Council review. 2 vs 3 Council reps per constituency?
* Council chair? Extend current chair's time of office by 3 months?
(Term of current chair ends on 20 November.)
* WIPO 2. IPC concerned that board make decision in Cape Town on
this, but GNSO has no idea what kind of recommendation board is
getting from staff & president. There will be Council request to
ICANN staff on this question.
* Miscellaneous discussion.
Thomas Roessler · Personal soap box at <http://log.does-not-exist.org/>.