ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] Replacement of ALAC members

  • To: clement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [alac] Replacement of ALAC members
  • From: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 08:43:14 +0200

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 10:39:19 -0700 (PDT), "Clement Dzidonu"
<clement@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>.... 'possibly before Cape Town'..will be rushing it..If we are to get
>good and committed candidates we will need to balance ' the need to move
>quickly' with other factors

Ok, in fact you could be right.

I would anyway like to understand whether we all agree on the process - then
we will attach an adequate schedule to it.

I have identified three possible channels to collect nominations:
1. From "leftover" candidates from this year's NomCom process;
2. From a call for nominations issued to the At Large Structures;
3. From a call for nominations issued to the general public.

Do we keep all of them? Do we eliminate some?

Once we agree on this, I would suggest we forward our proposal to the Board
and ask them guidance on how nominations will be examined.
--
vb.               [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<------
http://bertola.eu.org/  <- Vecchio sito, nuovo toblòg...