I have tried to formalize the additional questions we might want to pose to
shortlisted applicants for ALAC membership, so that we collect an uniform
set of replies and forward them to the Board to help them with their final
As per discussions in Cape Town, this is the list. Comments welcome - if I
don't get objections by the end of this week, I would like to ask Denise to
send it to the applicants and ask for prompt reply.
1) Why are you applying for ALAC membership?
2) Are you aware that being an ALAC member involves the following
- Physical participation in three ICANN meetings per year (5 days each)
- Participation in one conference call per month
- Participation in online mailing list discussions
plus any additional time commitment deriving from any specific issue you
might become involved with? Also, are you aware that there would be no
compensation for your work, except expense reimbursement for travel and
3) How much time do you think you could actually devote to the work of the
Committee on a regular basis?
4) In which (if any) of these activity sectors you think you have the
required skills, and would like to be involved?
a) Outreach and recruiting of new At-Large Structures
(involves systematic online/phone contacts with organizations in
your Region and possibly travel to a few events per year; will
also involve preparation and execution of Regional At Large
b) Policy making processes
(requires acquaintance with technical and policy aspects of the
DNS; involves at least one conf call per week per issue, plus
online discussion, and possibly drafting statements)
(involves participation and active fostering of public discussion
forums, website management at least at the editorial level, and
preparation of material in cooperation with ICANN staff)
5) If not selected as ALAC member, would you still like to serve in one of
the additional positions appointed by the Committee (i.e. liaison to GNSO,
task force member...), and (if yes) in which?
vb. [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<------
http://bertola.eu.org/ <- Vecchio sito, nuovo toblÉ»...