ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [alac] A Public Meeting in Advance of Mar del Plata / was "Opening our meetings"

• To: Bret Fausett <fausett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] A Public Meeting in Advance of Mar del Plata / was "Opening our meetings"
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 18:03:33 -0500

Super idea to do this in advance, AND to open up all our meetings.
We will also have to figure out the best way to report our findings/concerns to the board.
Maybe we should always try for a slot on the board agenda to report, at least at the f2f meetings. I'm sure it's too late this time, right Denise?
I remember when I used to watch the webcasts of the board meetings-- there was an active chat room going on "below" the audio/video session-- we could add that.
We should figure out a time span on timeanddate.com that might make sense. I would be happy to host a time period in the chat room if we wanted to extend that past the actual call time.
JP

At 10:41 AM -0800 3/1/05, Bret Fausett recently said:
I wonder whether an open, public meeting in advance of Mar del Plata might not be a good idea. Specifically, I'm thinking of an open call in which members of the ALAC presented the issues on the agenda for the upcoming meeting and listened to input from users who called in. The ALAC would mp3 the call and make it available online afterward -- soliciting further comment after the call was completed.

If I took care of the technical details, is this something that the ALAC would be interested in doing?

Bret

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy