ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

RE: [alac] A Public Meeting in Advance of Mar del Plata / was "Opening our meetings"

  • To: "Roberto Gaetano" <alac_liaison@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [alac] A Public Meeting in Advance of Mar del Plata / was "Opening our meetings"
  • From: Jean Armour Polly <mom@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 08:51:22 -0500

Robert's right , we need to plan for success-- not that skype or equivalent isn't part of that solution, I think we should use a lot of models-- the other thing is that we need to publicize whatever we decide to do right away because time is short. For an asynch solution we could put up a threaded discussion group on each board agenda item but --we sort of have that and it's all but moribund--really need a better way to publicize the availability of the forum's existence. It should definitely be posted to Icannwatch, Slashdot, other places like that-- but also more mainstream places-- we have trolled the technorati and need to expand that but also go to where the "at large" lives--and lots of times this will mean explaining to at large why root (etc) matters.
When I mention a discussion group I mean a real one that won't post the junk mail- the forum we have now is embarrassing to say the least! Denise, can someone please go into the fora and delete the spam? John Levine please jump in and give advice--(John runs hundreds of lists, including one for Net-mom--and his security is very tight regarding this sort of thing.) Using another model, there's phpBB though it was recently hacked. Anyone recommend anything else on that line?
JP