ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

RE: [alac] A Public Meeting in Advance of Mar del Plata / was "Opening our meetings"

  • To: "Jean Armour Polly" <mom@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [alac] A Public Meeting in Advance of Mar del Plata / was "Opening our meetings"
  • From: "John R Levine" <johnl@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 4 Mar 2005 12:51:48 -0500

> why root (etc) matters.
> When I mention a discussion group I mean a real one that won't post
> the junk mail- the forum we have now is embarrassing to say the
> least!

It's pretty straightforward to keep the spam out with technical
band-aids.  Given the low traffic volume, I'd suggest per-message
confirmations, that is, when someone sends in a message, it writes back to
say "was that you?" and only posts the message when it gets the
confirmation back.  If the people running the list don't have the tools
handy to do that, put me in touch with them and I can help set it up.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl@xxxxxxxx, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://www.johnlevine.com, Mayor
"More Wiener schnitzel, please", said Tom, revealingly.