ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] WSIS agenda

  • To: johnl@xxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [alac] WSIS agenda
  • From: "Roberto Gaetano" <alac_liaison@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 19:12:45 +0000

John R Levine wrote:

I completely agree. ICANN would serve the world much better by doing a few things well than a lot of things halfway.

Well, since I'm not 100% sure that we all (not only within ALAC, but generally within the Internet community) agree on what the few things ICANN has to do right should be, maybe we (ALAC) should try to get a consensus on a shortlist.
For instance:
- policy on new (g)TLDs
- policy on IDN [related to the above]
- strategy on delegation/reallocation [what on earth should we be looking at in situations like the rebid of .com]
- whois & privacy [IMHO, interrelated]

Regards,
Roberto GAETANO
ALAC