Re: REPLY to Timo: What will second level do to my third level????
  • To: <hakon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: REPLY to Timo: What will second level do to my third level????
  • From: <timo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 10:25:49 +0530
  • Cc: name-second-level-comments@xxxxxxxxx

Dear Hakon,
I have  regd usa.usa.name, as i like it.My real name aint usa usa.But am i not elegible to register any desired name?After all Usa usa cannot be anyone's trademark,and so is so many names.
Just let me know whether its legal or not and if not would you folks try to do something about it,after all,it will also generate a very good revenue for you folks.
Regards,
Chul

Hakon Haugnes wrote:

>Dear Jong Chul,
>
>The third level domains will continue to co-exist alongside the second level
>domain names. All the second level domain names on which one or more third
>level domains are registered, will be shared for the unique purpose of third
>level registrations. Therefore, if you have registered a third level domain
>name, the shared second level cannot be registered as a second level domain
>name. Thus, all shared second level domain names will continue to be shared
>for third level registrations.
>
>As per your example, this means that if you have registered the name
>usa.usa.name, it will not be possible, not for anyone, to register the
>second level domain usa.name, since it is shared by one or several third
>levels. (Note, however, that you may want to register your personal name
>instead, jong.chul.name or chul.name, as per the .name Eligibility
>Requirements, if your personal name is not Usa Usa).
>
>In other words, your existing third level domain registration is not
>impacted in any way by any second level domain registration, and its
>functionality remains unaltered.
>
>I hope this answers your question,
>
>Best regards,
>
>Hakon Haugnes
>The Global Name Registry

Coorg Networks http://www.coorg.net
Networking people,through communications.