REPLY-2 to Timo: What will second level do to my third level????
  • To: <name-second-level-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: REPLY-2 to Timo: What will second level do to my third level????
  • From: "Hakon Haugnes" <hakon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 16:03:11 +0100

Dear Timo,

No names are illegal to register, however, there are special protections for
individuals in the Eligibility Requirements when the name that has been
registered is their Personal Name. Your Personal Name does not have to be
identical to your legal name, it can for example be a variation of your real
name, a nickname, the name of a fictional character in which you have
rights, or something you are commonly known as.

The Eligibility Requirements are there to protect your Personal Name. In the
absence of fulfilling the Eligibility Requirements, you may lose the name of
someone makes a qualified claim to it, for example if the registered name is
their Personal Name and not yours, under the Eligibility Requirements
Dispute Resolution Procedure (ERDRP).

As a Registry, we do not handle any dispute resolution, this is handled by
independent arbitration instances. For more information, please see

http://www.arbitration-forum.com/domains/ERDRP/
http://arbiter.wipo.int/domains/gtld/name/erdrp/

one example case is

http://www.arb-forum.com/domains/decisions/132438.htm

I hope this answers your question and can be of help, thank you for your
interest in .name,

Best,

Hakon Haugnes
Global Name Registry