Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Gregory W. Krajewski
Date/Time: Wed, May 30, 2001 at 4:01 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows 98
Subject: I support Image Online Design as well....."They have the public trust, and yes they have earned it!"

Just to get a word in here about Image Online Design.  So that there is no misunderstanding.  The public overwhelming approved of their application last year.  I ask you to go see the amount of public comments they had on the public forum set up last year (see link below) This company has been "vetted" through the public domain.
If this is not unanimous consensus I don't know what is.  Do you?

Image Online Design did not build a registry to exploit the internet. They have been working to help build it, and ensure that competition is alive and well.  Just think for a minute of the amount of competition Network Solutions had 5 years ago.  None.  However an upstart company in 1995 called Image Online Design didn't think that was right.  Against all odds they built a registry to provide YOU and I, the internet user some hope, that the dot WEB TLD would provide a unique address at an affordable price.  Mind you, they have done this, while working with IANA, and now ICANN. 

Did you ever go to the original monthly IANA meetings to discuss DNS policy?  I didn't...but I know who did.  His name is Christopher Ambler, the CTO of Image Online Design.  I believe John Frangie was there too.  This sounds like a company working for the internet, and not against it.  Do not turn your backs on them, otherwise you will spit in the face of every decent "techie" who tried to make a difference with respect to the Domain Name System.

Gregory

Link: Comments about IOD (Scroll down 3/4ths of the way down)

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy