Return to newtlds Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Greg Krajewski
Date/Time: Thu, June 15, 2000 at 6:25 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: I agree, BUT

I totally agree with you that domain names as they are in their current state, will not be around...BUT WAIT...haven't we had the technology for cars for example to go 100 miles/km without filling the tank with gas....It will be economics that will keep the domain names around for a long time, and as well for marketing purposes...Amazon.com would like to have an intelligent search engine that would put them at the top of the list, however even if you entered "Amazon" I think you would still get Amazon Clothes, Amazon Tires (from different companies)..by adding the .com at the end, and having such brand awareness...people pretty much can get straight to their website, by typing in Amazon.com.....

Forget RealNames ever being a threat...I bought one of their $100 Key words for my business....What a croc...If you have "Credit" in your business name, when you type it into the browser window...whala..up comes your competition along with 120 pages to sift through.....Yep, they won't make it (in my opinion)....

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy