Return to newtlds Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: jameshin
Date/Time: Sat, June 17, 2000 at 9:09 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: What is fair? Fair is in our heart.

Hi jestiny, thank U for your response, I am happy to talk with you here. We can make the picture more clear just by asking one single question---Does ICANN approved .WEB as the new gTLD yet? The answer is NO!

There are several more important points to be noted (it's boring),

1)There is NO connection between "the correctness of pre-registrstion of something" and ---"how good is that registrar doing in the pre-registration"

2)There is NO connection between "the correctness of pre-registrstion of something" and ---"the latter appointment of the registrar in registration of that thing"

3)There is NO connection between "the correctness of pre-registrstion of something" and ---"the latter approval of the introduction of that thing in the system"

4)There is NO connection between "the correctness of pre-registrstion of something" and ---"the agreement of the regiatrar with any bona fide owner in the transaction OR any individual's promptness or idleness in the pre-registration"

5)There is NO connection between "the correctness of pre-registrstion of something" and ---"the pre-registration is under a well accepted first come first serve scheme"

In a simple sentence that some "to be benefitted" people would think it's "emotional", that is -- The pre-registration process ITSELF is WRONG.

Let's go back to the very beginning, does ICANN approved .WEB as the new gTLD yet? NO! ----Logics is over here comes the analogy:

One day a bank teller says in his website, it seems that his bank is going to issue a credit card and the first 300 card holders will be given a Singing Concert ticket namely, "Bill Clinton and Dancing Cigars". He can't promise you the issuing of the card but he promise you that once the card is issued your ticket is secured before the rest of the world (Korean, French, Other US Citizen.....) Then John (Bill's fan) paid immediately with his credit card. Now here comes the issue, is it appropriate for the bank to honour the transaction retrospectively and deprive the rest of the unknown world ?

The Bank is ICANN
The Teller is IOD
The Ticket is elite.WEB ownership
John is the pre-registered .WEB owner

In my true emotional words, if ICANN honour IOD's pre-registration, it is the biggest corruption I've ever heard in international organisation.

I talk too much :)

James
from HONG KONG

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy