Return to newtlds Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Voice Of Reason
Date/Time: Mon, June 19, 2000 at 2:36 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: ICANN--Thoughts on New TLDs

I can only hope that ICANN will read all the posts here.  I have.  It has been (and I believe will continue to be) Enlightening.

I guess I just believed that there should be no real reason for adversity to new gTLDs.  Does it really matter?  Of course it does.  Especially to those who have .com names they want to stay 'valuable'.  Whatever.

I have several really good .com names.  Do I want new gTLDs?  Absolutely.  Do I feel threatened that my .com business will suffer if new gTLDs are put on line?  Nope.  My business is bulit on Product/Service value not just Name value.

Have I pre registered names with IOD in the .web registry?  Yep.  I did it because I wanted to. It was not done out of desperate attempts because I could not get a good .com name.  As I said, I have .com names.  Not just good ones.  I was being modest.  They are Excellent.

How did I find .web?  Research and my OWN homework.  Just like others in the Other 75 Countries who have pre registered.  Oops, I am getting off subject here.

ICANN, why is it Necessary to wait until November of this year to make the announcment?  Why not by September?  Plenty of time has been in place already over the years.  The next meeting is in July of this year.  September offers Plenty of time to select, review, etc.

ICANN, There WILL be opposition from the Public NO MATTER which gTLDs you decide to add.  These discussions here are kind of a Mute point if you get down to the nitty gritty of it all.

ICANN, make your decisions.  You deal with it.  Let the Public deal with wherever the cards may fall. 

I am computer savvy enough to know it can be wrapped up quickly.  I am computer unsavvy enough to find my way around on the computer by stumbling onto certain areas.  It will all come out in the wash if YOU just go ahead and Make the Decisions NOW. 

Let the Screamers for and against do our yelling.  Set up the Forums so we can Think we have a determination in the Outcome (this being for our own egos).  You will make the final determinations.  Maybe you already have a pretty good idea what those are.  I am NOT Stupid to think you don't already have a real good idea where 'those cards' will fall.  I am NOT Smart enough to know what your determinations will be.  My Main Plea to you is:  Do it. No more playing around.

Thank You!
Sincerely,
VOR

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy