Return to newtlds Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: 410
Date/Time: Mon, June 19, 2000 at 8:31 PM GMT (Mon, June 19, 2000 at 3:31 PM EST)
Browser: AOL Browser V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Ha!

<<   The world is standardizing on .COM. >>>>

The world is always changing. It was also once standardized on stone tablets, quill pens, and manual typewriters.

Nothing is as static as your post implies. And the existing technology is not so rigidly locked into the .com template, though perhaps, yes, the consciousness of our society will need time to accept a second strong TLD. (And I am not talking .net, .org, .wz, .tv, .cc. . . )

Consciousness evolves in our society to a noticable degree approximately every 10 years. Hence the drift from one generation to the next in temperment, ethics, etc.

If consciousness DIDN'T evolve, we would never have put down those stone tablets I mentioned earlier.

I think you just WANT the public to reject new TLDs. Well, your nic might be "JQPUBLIC," but you aren't casting my vote. And I recognize I am not casting yours. So let's cast our own. Opinions are individualized. But I WILL stand on my statement that evolution is inevitable, and evidenced everywhere.

Bring on the new TLDs.

Furthermore, I hear many places that the public will just be confused by different TLDs. LOL. That is the lamest claim I have heard YET regarding the introduction of new TLDs? What is so bloody confusing about .web,.biz,.shop, .travel? If a member of society doesn't understand what they all mean, I am counting on Darwin's theory to keep these people from dumbing down legislation to their level. As it is, it has been dumbed down enough.

As for me and everyone I know: we understand 3, 4, and 5 letter words.       

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy