Return to newtlds Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Garry Anderson
Date/Time: Mon, June 26, 2000 at 9:20 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Who do you BLINKING think you are kidding?

You say: Indeed, a great many such registrations are for the sole purpose of domain name resale (for a profit).

I say: You would know a great deal more about profit than ALL of us put together, us your customers. You are the profiteers, getting the most you can for your product. Don't talk about percentages - I used to work in Accounts. I can also make figures say what I want them to say. Look at the bottom line, PROFIT - it says it all. With a glance at all the big bosses fat-cat wages, of course.

You say: the various available combinations of words and word elements are still many.

I say: Yes, you are quite right "IntelRipOffThePeople.com" is still available. You are just trying to stop the people from expanding the Internet, so you have better control.

You say: a go slow approach is appropriate, as recommended by the DNSO.

I say: The BIG BUSINESS trademark protectionists GAVE THEM THAT ADVICE. You are just trying to stop the people from expanding the Internet, so you have better control.

You say: While the last Sunrise proposal was flawed, I believe that there is the germ of a good idea there.  A sunrise (early registration) system would relieve the infrastructure of any obligation to "police" domain name applications.

I say: "Germ of Good Idea" - You must be joking. You would still "police" domain names and call people 'cybersquatters', infringing on *YOUR* supposed space. Your type are never satisfied - greed - greed - greed.

You say: UDRP principles should apply to all gTLDs, regardless of whether open or restricted.

I say: Who the hell are you to dictate to us ALL. UDRP principles are being exploited by big business.

You say: History has shown us that owners of famous trademarks are victimized by cybersquatters on a very large scale.

I say: Have you checked what is happening NOW. Everyday words are being stolen from the owners and used as trademarks. It is called reverse hijacking, sanctioned by the authorities.

Who do you think you are dealing with? We can see your game. a gTLD of .REG in virtual world - like (TM) in real world, would identify trademarks. Along with the class and country, to ALSO allow others of same name, you would be Intel.elec.us.reg. You obviously do not want to allow small business to use their name.

It would allow me to trademark and use my business on the Internet. It is a natural manure company: Intel Manure Ltd - so I could use Intel.horseshit.uk.reg

Nobody condones blackmailing companies - to stop them using their name. You also do not like the shoe being on the other foot - the people ASKING for something back off companies. I have LOTS more to say, but had better leave it there - for now.

All the above is my personal considered and informed opinion. I know how you lot think, stick your pretence opinion of lawyers. Vile creatures! indeed. You use them too much, methinks you are in bed with them.

WIPO.org.uk has nothing to do with WIPO.org

Link: http://www.WIPO.org.uk

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy