Return to newtlds Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Garry Anderson
Date/Time: Tue, July 4, 2000 at 4:57 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Very Important - Back to you

I am VERY delighted to have this critical appraisal. Thank you.

>how about DeltaAirlines.com or DeltaAirlines.reg

I was taking it that both Delta Airlines and Delta Faucets had the trademark of 'DELTA' - In the current situation they would try and get it off you even if not.

>Seriously, if you had delta.air.us.reg, you would have to have: Delta.faucets.us.reg, Delta.pizza.us.reg

Seriously, which of the above you buy your pizza from?

It does not take a genius to answer that. It stops 'consumer confusion' - which is what TM is all about.

>Not realistic, not desireable

I can see it not being desireable - BUT all the 3062 records shown at www.uspto.gov would like delta.com. What about 200 countries? How can they all have it? .REG would give them all equal standing in the same TLD.

The main advantage for the Internet - it would stop fraud (.REG bills and items are guarenteed source) and trademark conflict.

It would also stop all this rubbish about trademark infringement, cybersquatting, coming across sex sites by accident etc. etc.

As for not realistic - sorry you are wrong. Within TM system there are 42 classes. Companies of same name are not allowed to overlap each other, ask USPTO.

The main point of .REG is to make the Internet lawful. This LESS complicated than telephone area codes. We can ALL manage those can't we? Only big business would say we are too stupid to understand.

WIPO.org.uk has nothing to do with WIPO.org

Link: http://www.WIPO.org.uk

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy