Return to newtlds Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: WorldThoughts
Date/Time: Sat, July 8, 2000 at 9:36 PM GMT
Browser: AOL Browser V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Huh?!

<<<< My point being that if you force, or create the .shop domains and the first people on their horses get "icecream.shop" or "mall.shop" or whatever, they will be monetarily rewarded simply because the end user will be typing in combinations of words that seem logical.

Now who gets first choice at *.shop or others?  There are going to
be many lawsuits. >>>>>

HUH?! 

Why would there be lawsuits because people own domains that get natural type-ins? Yes, they will be monetarily rewarded, just like a store owner who gets to establish himself on a bustling commercial boulevard is rewarded--if does something with his site.

Gee, I'm mighty sorry for the business owner of some shack out in the woods where no one ventures. . . but that's the way it goes. I have a handful of .coms that suck. No need to tell me how much that stinks.

But I came into the game late. A persons who snoozes, loses; or else waits for another TLD to open up, or gets a better domain in the respective TLD of his choice, or buys a strong domain from the existing registrant, or else curls up in a ball and hide under the bed.

The owner of IceCream.shop will be one lucky dude. . . but not in a capacity that will get him sued.

Presumably he will get the domain IceCream.shop because he will get there first.

Isn't that how it works?

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy