Return to newtlds Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Garry Anderson
Date/Time: Mon, July 10, 2000 at 10:52 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: THIS has to be sorted first, else what is the point of more TLDs?

You buy your nice new domain and invest thousands or even millions in building it up. All this money could be wasted, all because some big business, with slightly similar name, eyes your domain with GREED and wants to take it off you. It could be from anywhere in the whole wide world - at any time in the future.

Honestly, what is the point of even ONE MORE TLD, if somebody can come along and take your domain off you.

Trademark companies - in addition to your dot COM or dot WEB etc., you should be GIVEN a dot REG.

You continue to use the domain (dot COM/WEB/???) you have bought as normal. i.e. You advertise yourself as widgets.com - even though there are thousands of widget companies - you have got the dot com.

The dot REG acts as Certificate of Authentication.

This is so customers know it is really you.

You cannot be accused of PASSING OFF as the complaining company, or any other.

Dot REG as a restricted TLD, guarentees source.

Format name.class.country.REG

i.e. Domino.food.us.REG.

UDRP is being used unlawfully. This gives the authority to just one company to dominate the Internet. This is sanctioning the misuse of trademarks for anti-competitive purposes. This is UNLAWFUL activity. ICANN in my truthful, considered and informed opinion - you are thieves because you know this solution.

WIPO.org is nothing to do with WIPO.org

Link: http://www.WIPO.org.uk

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy