Return to newtlds Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Garry Anderson
Date/Time: Mon, July 10, 2000 at 5:38 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Get Your Facts Right

>You've made it obvious in many of your posts that your prime motivation in all this is your IOD preregistration of killer.web.

I have not got even one .WEB registration, get your facts right.

My motivation is to end all the legal actions taken against honest domain holders, of which I am one.

We are people that do not buy domains to extort money off a trademark holder. Yet big business takes them off us anyway. You do not realise the problems that we all face should they let the situation continue.

Are you saying, that I cannot ask the question, "Are you lot stupid or something?". When they attempt to trivialise the most important problem facing us all.

See my posting "THIS has to be sorted first, else what is the point of more TLDs?"

Can I not say, that I see they are greedy, keeping TM names only for big business, and to stop others using their own property.

Are you saying, that I cannot put forward my opinion that big business attempt to dominate the Internet is a bad joke?

Be serious, do you think it okay for big business to take what it likes? Is it okay for them to misuse its trademark for anti-competitive purposes? A unlawful act.

Even in European Competition Law (which WIPO ignores)it states:

2. Abuses of dominant position (Article 82)

Article 82 prohibits the abuse of the dominant position of a company which negatively affect the trade between Member States.

2.2. What are the prohibited practices under Article 82?

c) Abuse of intellectual property rights

The mere existence of a patent, trademark or copyright is not sufficient to establish a dominant position.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I know my language is forceful, it needs to be. I wish that I could have used much stronger. It did not contain any swear words, even asterisks, did it?

You must be some sort of anti freespeech advocate, or worse. You do not seem at all critical of the Copyright Coalition on Domain Names - are you one of them? State YOUR motivations.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy