Return to newtlds Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: hmg
Date/Time: Tue, July 11, 2000 at 11:58 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: In reply

For Gregory Krajewski comments,

It is not as if I am FRIGHTENED to death as you may think.

If you read my post alot of it I hope makes sense, (thats why I posted).

ICANN needs to get the current issues working, offering new tld's under the same problematic guidelines as .com has encountered is not going to solve anything.

Frankly, big corps are the only ones who need new tld's and they want them first, before anyone else has a right to register them through pre-registrations..And they will probably get them too, thats what frightens me.

I have my .com's, I don't need anymore..in fact when digging through the whois database everyday I see great opportunity that the corps can't see because they just don't have what it takes to succeed in the internet.

They are all wound up about trademarks, when there are still high profile names available for a registration fee of $10 to 70.00 out there that can be used to represent their interest probably better than their trademarked names.

I haved helped some myself retain the names they need, they did not have a clue. Some I could not help because even though they wanted help I couldn't help them anyway..no one could.

I am currently registering financial names that any bank or lending institution should be elated over, why are they still available today? I will tell you, its because of this trademark situation that is in limbo. There are still alot of excellent choices available but all these corps want only what they think they are entitled to.

I welcome all the new tld's that ICANN can think up, but not until the policies and procedures are in place and everyone agrees to them.

It make no sense to roll out these tld's until all issues are smoothed out.

Not that hard to grasp!    

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy