Domain Names
  • To: <forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Domain Names
  • From: "William Williams" <williwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 10:47:22 -0700

I am not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this question so if it
is not someone should let me know.

The issue of Pornography on the internet seems like a simple problem to
resolve.  Couldn't domain names be used to specify "Adult Only" so for
example www.porno.adl  .ADL=adult only?  This would make it easier for
me to block those sites on my kids computers.  Just curious why that
could not be achieved?   Would it require Government intervention to get
that done or could ICANN enforce that?

Thank you

William H. Williams