Domain Name Registrations
  • To: <forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Domain Name Registrations
  • From: "Jide-Samuel, O.A." <oajide-samuel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 06:01:55 -0700

Title: Message
The Central Bank of Nigeria who is the authority in charge of regulating the banking sector in Nigeria and also Banker to the Federal Government of Nigeria has registered a website called cenbank.org.  However, we have noticed several fraudsters creating websites with similar names to the Central Bank of Nigeria purpoting to be the genuine cenbank.org website and also those stealing the source codes of cenbank website and making exact copies ofour site.  This has been a great embarassment tot he Bank because these fake sites are used as means of duping those who want to conduct business in Nigeria.

Kindly advice us on what we can do to stop fraudsters from registering website names similar to that of the Central Bank of Nigeria.

Your prompt response to this mail will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Omo Jide-Samuel (Mrs)
Information Technology Dept.
Central Bank of Nigeria