yeah i'll share my views...
  • To: <forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: yeah i'll share my views...
  • From: "Matt Wells" <mwells@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 22:57:23 -0700

i run an up and coming search engine called http://www.gigablast.com/ ...
here's a post from my rants page, http://www.gigablast.com/rants.html .
Verisign Redesigns the Internet for their Own Profit
September 19, 2003

My spiders expect to get "not found" messages when they look up a domain
that does not have an IP. When verisign uses the privledged position to
change the underlying fundamentals of the internet just to line their own
greedy pockets it really, really perturbs me. Now, rather than get the "not
found" message, my spiders get back a valid IP, the IP of verisign's
servers. That causes my spiders to then proceed to download the robots.txt
from that domain. What a pain. Now I have to fix my freakin' code because of
those self-serving pigs. Please join me in boycott. I'm going to discourage
everyone I know from supporting this abusive, monopolistic company. Go to
www.boycottverisign.com and get your voice heard.

Matt Wells
http://www.gigablast.com/