Re:
  • To: "Shirley Rose" <shirlrose@xxxxxxxxxxx>,<secsac-comments@xxxxxxxxx>,<forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re:
  • From: "George Kirikos" <George@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 08:08:47 -0700
  • Cc: <editor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Verisign is also resolving names such as:

http://www.-www.com/  (-www.com BEGINS with a hyphen, which is not
permitted)

http://www.www-.com/ (www-.com ENDS with a hyphen, which is not allowed)

Includes names such as http://sex-.com/ , http://www.-sex.com/ etc.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/

At 9/23/03 11:01 AM, Shirley Rose wrote:
>Dear ICANN,
>
>This is to file our protest and complaint against Verisign's newly
>launched Wild Card "service".
>
>We have just realised that the domain names usurped by Verisign are not
>limited to the unregistered domains but to those in various other states
>of expiration! It is one thing to confiscated public real estate without
>permission and in defiance of the authorities for commercial use, it is
>another to take away and actively use property owned and legally protected
>by their rightful owners.
>
>Specifically the following domain names are being used for SiteFinder
>contrary to its agreement with ICANN:
>
>1) domain names specifically disallowed for use, such as single letter
>domains (try a.com and see SiteFinder)
>2) domain names in the pending delete cycle (see a1signs.net set to drop
9/27)
>3) domain names in hold status (0583.com placed on hold today)
>4) domain names frozen under UDRP (googhole.com UDRP 8/27/2003 NAF
FA00183908)