Verisign DNS Handling
  • To: <forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Verisign DNS Handling
  • From: "Arian Stijf" <arian@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 12:33:44 -0700

Title: Message
L.S.

As an 'internet domain administrator' and ICT consultant, I strongly object to Verisigns commercial adjustment of DNS-registries.
The (unannounced) changes to the DNS-structure created severe problems to my organization. We are a major hospital, depending on e-mail communications. Our systems are flushed with spam-mails. This is slowing down our organization, down to a halt.
Verisign's actions therefore is extremely unresponsible. And an organization that is unresponsible, should never be allowed to be responsible for any part of a global network.
Therefore Verisign should be split up, in an organizational part and a commercial part. The organizational part assigned to their assigned responsibilities. The commercial part selling additional services. This is an easy split, without any financial impact.
This way, I ask you to enforce assigned organizations to execute the responsibilities assigned to them.

Regards,

Arian Stijf

P.S. Signed under separate e-mail address, to prevent spam.