about whois registration
  • To: <forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: about whois registration
  • From: <InnKeeper9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 13:20:31 -0700

There must be some other way to provide information without provided complete records to the full public. Are you responsible if a criminal uses these records? I would think you could set up some kind of system where only the owners name is  publically available, while the rest of the information is on the database available for legal purposes, or the owner to be able to update records, thereby not providing every criminal out there with where the person lives, telephone number etc. That is terribly dangerous in this new internet information world we live in.  Do you have any idea what some criminal can do with just having name plus address and phone number? you might check it out.

Ruth