ICANN
  • To: <forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ICANN
  • From: "Mary Laura Fitzgerald" <MFITZGERALD@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 06:52:36 -0700

I have a domain name that I use for personal purposes, not business
purposes.  The
registry lists my work phone number.  I work in a company where personal
phone
time (and phone time in general) is restricted.  I do not give my office
phone number
out, so I am usually able to limit the number of calls received.  However, I
now
receive many calls related to my domain name because my office number is now
public.  While I doubt I would ever lose my job over these calls, my company
does
terminate employees based on this phone policy.  It doesn't seem right that
I could
lose a job because ICANN forces me to publish my number.